St. Cloud Technical and Community College is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association and abides by NJCAA rules, which includes the following:
- Transfer students must have an official college transcript sent to the Registrar's Office.
- The GPA that transfer students attained at other institutions must be used in determining student's eligibility.
- Students must be enrolled at SCTCC when the sport commences. A student could not join the basketball team if he/she enrolled in January. The only exceptions are religious missions or military duty.
- Any student/athlete that provides false information, transcripts and or documents to this college effecting eligibility will lose the right of any athletic participation at St. Cloud Technical and Community College.
A partial list of the eligibility guidelines would include the most common areas of concern for the student athlete:
- Every student athlete must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours each semester to be eligible to compete. Any student dropping below 12 credit hours, at any time during the semester, will immediately become ineligible.
- Academic standing needed to participate at St. Cloud Technical and Community College.
First Season of Competition
1st Semester: Must maintain enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
2nd Semester: For Spring sports, or sports that span two semesters, the student athlete must pass a minimum of 12 credit hours with a 1.75 grade point average before the start of the second semester.
Second Season of Competition
1st Semester: Student must pass a minimum of 24 credit hours with a 2.00 grade point average.
Pass a minimum of 12 credit hours with a 2.00 grade point average or higher the previous semester.
Pass an accumulation of credit hours equal to 12 multiplied by the number of terms in which the student was previously enrolled full-time.
2nd Semester: Same as the 1st semester of the second season of competition.
The above information are the basic principles in determining eligibility. Each individual's eligibility can vary greatly. For specific questions, please contact Nate Hiestand, email@example.com or 320-308-5009. NOTE: in order to get an accurate assessment, all transfer transcripts must be on file or available for review.